Sunday 7 April 2013

New Writing Blog

In 2009 I finished a manuscript of 350k words for a dark fantasy, then placed it in the figurative drawer after posting (on a personal blog) this picture celebrating my victory:



Despite this dour prophecy I ended up spending the next three years I struggling to finish another book that basically went nowhere, despite my plan for it to be a shorter work, quicker work. In December 2012, my patience at an end, I decided that the struggling work wasn't worth the time I've put into it, and with that disappointment firmly in the drawer I set out to re-write both my book while writing its sequel.

Although I've been on Blogger for a while I never really started my own blog and felt the need to work on my novel. This blog exists basically as a way to chart my progress and to offer (and hopefully receive) advice regarding this process, as my ultimate goal is to have it published. The title of this blog is derived from the novel.

So, as the indirectly whimsical picture suggested, let the rewrites begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment